– American English Pronunciation –
– ( Letter R: Rh ) –
[su_dropcap style=”flat”]A[/su_dropcap]n alphabetical pronunciation guide of The Common Tongue — a.k.a. — American English Pronunciation, containing the phonetic spellings of a vast selection of common and not-so-common words in The English Language, with more words added daily.
[su_dropcap style=”flat”]T[/su_dropcap]he pronunciations are not Universal as there are many different dialects of The English Language — both world-wide, and through-out America. The pronunciations that are presented here are based upon a combination of both common usage and the most neutral accent used in The International Common Tongue.
Ra . Rea . Reb . Rec . Red . Ref . Reg . Reh . Rej . Rel . Rem . Ren . Rep . Req . Res . Ret . Reu . Rev . Rew . Ri . Ro . Ru . Ry
– For this word, the “Rh” combination is pronounced simply like the single letter “R”, the “eu” combination is pronounced simply like the single long letter “u”, the “a” turns into a u-schwa, the and for the “-ism” suffix – the “i” is an i-schwa, the “s” is pronounced almost like the letter “z”, and there is a phantom-schwa in-between the “s” and the “m” (this is the standard pronunciation of this suffix in The Common Tongue)
– /ROO-muh-tih-zəm/ – /ˈɹu.mə(ʌ).tə(ɪ).zəm/ – Notice also that the stress is on the first syllable –
– For this word, the “Rh” combination is pronounced simply as the single letter “R”, the first “i” is long, the second “i” is pronounced like the ‘igh” combination, the “t” is a flap-t, and the third “i” is an i-schwa
– /rai-NIGH-dis/ – /ɹaiː.ˈnʌiː.ɾə(ɪ)s/ – Notice also that the stress is on the second syllable –
– For this word, the “Rh” combination is pronounced simply like the single letter “R”, the “y” is pronounced like the short letter “i”, the “th” combination is voiced, and there is a phantom-schwa in-between the “th” combination and the letter “m” (this is a product of the transition from one sound to the next)
– /RIH-thəm/ – /ˈɹɪ.ðəm/ – Notice also that the stress is on the first syllable –
– ( American English Pronunciation – Letter R ) –
Aa . Bb . Cc . Dd . Ee . Ff . Gg . Hh . Ii . Jj . Kk . Ll . Mm . Nn . Oo . Pp . Qq . Rr . Ss . Tt . Uu . Vv . Ww . Xx . Yy . Zz
[su_spoiler title=”Explore GiveMeSomeEnglish!!!” icon=”caret” style=”fancy”]